Ok, by the request, I am updating my blog. I have some excuses that I am really busy at work, but I know that is kind of lame. Lots of things have been happening. We've decided on a name, well at least a first name. We decided his name is Jonas. We are still working on the middle name. I think that the only reason we won't name him Jonas is if he looks like someone else when he comes out.
So, little Jonas is kicking me like crazy. He still likes to kick me in the bladder, especially during movies at movie theatres. Jeremy and I went to see "Dan in Real Life" and he kicked me in the bladder the entire time. Jonas is getting bigger and stronger, so when he kicks me there, the bathroom urges are very strong and VERY urgent. After we left the movie, he shifted and stopped kicking me in the bladder. I think it was really loud for him and that is why he was so active the whole time.
He's about 9.2 inches long and my uterus goes from my pelvic bone to about 3 inches above my belly button. I'm starting to show much more and I can't suck in my belly anymore. Jeremy can feel him kicking when he puts his hand on my belly. It is really neat. It feels kind of strange when he kicks me above my belly button. Yesterday, he kicked me there while I was looking at my belly and I could actually see my belly move! That was really cool.
Jonas can hear very well. His hearing is fully developed. I talk to him in the car. I know that is kind of weird, but it makes me feel good. I like to sing to him too. Jonas like me to sing him Jem songs. He always calms down when I sing them to him. I think it is because they are mellow and soft. He gets more active when I listen to Rammstein, which is a lot harder and louder.
Jonas can suck his thumb now. I always wonder if he is or not. He likes to stretch me out too. I can feel him pushing on the top and bottom of my belly at the same time. He is going to be a wiggly baby when he comes out.
We've bought our first diapers this weekend. We have about a 30 day supply of newborn size. I'm sure we'll use all of them. Thank you costco! We also got a costco size box of wipes. I know those will come in handy.
My sister in planning me a baby shower for my close friends and my mom and aunt are planning me a baby shower for the family and other friends. I'm excited! It is going to be fun to see everyone. At the friends' shower, we are going to tie one of my baby quilts and at the family shower, we are going to make scrapbook pages. I need to do both of these things, so I'm glad people are going to help.
In a couple weeks, I have to go in for my glucose tolerance test. That is the test they do to check for gestational diabetes. I am not excited about this. I am worried that I'll get sick. I have to drink this glucose syrup and I have a problem drinking orange juice without a water chaser. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that I don't puke and have to drink the stuff again. That would suck the most.
Starting with my next appointment, I have to start seeing the doctor every 2 weeks instead of once per month. Then, when I get closer, I have to start going every week. There is only 3 more months to go!
Jeremy and I are taking a birthing class on March 7 & 8. I don't want natural childbirth. I want to be as confortable as possible and go for the drugs! So, we are taking a childbirth preparation class. I think it will be great for us. Hopefully we can become familiar with the hospital and know when to come in and what to expect once we get there. That is the important information I want to know. I'll give you an update on what we learned.
We are still working on putting our ultrasound DVD online. We have to convert the file type and are having some problems. As soon as it is ready, I'll post it. I'm also going to take pictures of all Jonas's new baby clothes. They are precious. Those should be up soon.
A little about Mexico
11 years ago


1 comment:
yippee, a post!
i like the updates.
--Heather
Post a Comment