Thursday, September 4, 2008

I know, I know...FINALLY!

Yes, I am finally updating my blog. I've found it very hard to balance home and work lately. Jonas is still up 2 or 3 times each night so Jeremy and I are super tired. I'm back to work full time and wedding season is still going strong. Luckily, it has slowed down a bit, so I can get some blogging done.

So, Jonas is 4.5 months old now. He is almost on track with a full-term baby his age. At his last Dr. appt, he was 24th percentile in height (24.25 inches) and 16th percentile for weight (13 lbs 1 oz). His 2 month appt he was only 3rd percentile, so he's improved quite a bit.

Jonas has started smiling and giggling. He's recently learned to squeal. He'll get squealing and Trillian, the cat, will get jealous and start howling because we are paying attention to him and not her.

He can hold up his head, but not sit on his own yet. He really doesn't play with things yet. He likes to look at things but he doesn't grab at the yet. He does suck on his hands and he'll grab things that are close to his face, like his bib or shirt, and start sucking on them. In fact, when he is hungry, he sticks his whole fist in his mouth, sometimes both!

He is a little chatterbox. He likes to babble and tell us stories. He mostly says "a-goo" and sometimes it sounds like he's saying "hungry". I'm sure that is going to be his first word.

Sometimes at night, Jonas will start off in his bed like this:



and he will wake up like this:



Once he even woke up 180 degrees from where he started with his head still on the burp cloth!


So far, my favorite part of being a mom is when he wakes up at night and he is screaming his head off, so I go in to change him and get him a bottle, and when he sees my face, he instantly switches from crying to a big giant smile and starts giggling. It just warms my heart! He is the funnest and cutest little boy! Here are some more pictures of the boy.



1 comment:

The Henries said...

He is such a cute boy! Thanks for updating your blog- know I have something to keep me busy while I am "working".