Jonas turned two months old yesterday. We took him in to get his 2 month check-up and immunizations. He weighs 8 lbs 8 oz now and he is 21-1/4 inches. He is the same size as a regular newborn now! He was a real trooper through his immunizations. He cried, but only for a little while.
Then, to make matters worse, we had him circumcised. I couldn't bare watching, so Jeremy and I stayed in the other room while the doctor did the procedure. They gave him a local to numb the area, but he still screamed his little head off. It took him a while to calm down. Finally, we just got him dressed, put him in his car seat and when we started walking, he fell asleep. He slept the whole way home and for an hour after we got home. I was so worried that he was going to cry the whole rest of the day, but he didn't. He acted a little like he was feeling crappy, but not like he was in serious pain. The doctor said that he would be feeling a little achy because of his shots, but we could give him some infant Tylenol. After we gave him his dose, he seemed to feel much better after that and slept for 3 whole hours!
Last night wasn't too bad either. He slept for 4 hours from midnight until 4am. This morning he's been a little cranky, but can you blame him?
A little about Mexico
12 years ago


1 comment:
Hey! Jonas and V are the same size now. LOL He must be chunking up good cuz V is 5 wks now.
I'm sorry about the circ. I know it feels sucky. We had Xan circumcised and I felt the same way. Keep him doped up on tylenol for a few days and give him lots of hugs and kisses.
I can't wait to see you guys on the 29th!
Tam
Post a Comment