Monday, November 5, 2007

Week 10 Day 3

Our baby is about 1.5 inches, which is about the size of a walnut. I can't believe the baby has grown from a peanut to a walnut in just 2 weeks! He or she is growing so fast!

My morning sickness is calming down a bit, but now that I wrote it, I will be sick again. It is just how that works with me. I learned which foods at what time of day don't work with my stomach. I've been sticking to bland, creamy things in the morning but can eat more strong-tasting harder things later in the day. Cheese is one thing that tastes so good and makes my stomach feel better.

I had a scary dream last night. I think that I might be having a little anxiety about the baby. I dreamt that I had the baby (it was a boy, by the way, in this dream) and I was getting ready to go to work. Half way through my day at work I realized that I had left the baby at home by himself! I went home and he was sitting by the door in his car seat just sleeping. I think I might be worried that I will forget I have a baby because I'm not used to having to worry about one right now. I'm sure I won't ever forget about him/her. I don't think I could. It just seems like such a lifestyle change to have every element of your life revolve around a little tiny person. I'm used to being selfish and only worrying about me and Jeremy. Now my life is going to change forever.

They say that dreams get really wild when you are pregnant. This is the first panicky one about the baby, though. I just want to know that I have had dreams about having a baby girl before, so I am not convinced either way that my baby is a boy or a girl. We'll just have to wait until January when I find out for sure!

Oh, the baby didn't have a name in my dream, it was just "the baby".

No comments: