I had my 16 week check-up at the doctor's office today. Jeremy's been so sweet and has come to every single appointment! My tummy is just as big as it is supposed to be. I think I'm showing, but you can't really tell too much. Jeremy noticed yesterday that I'm showing a little more though. I gained back the pound that I lost last month, so I'm at net 0 pounds gained. I feel OK about that because my doctor only wanted me to gain 10 pounds throughout my whole pregnancy. I gained a bunch of weight before I got pregnant, but I think my metabolism has sped up considerably with the baby in there. I was really worried that I'd gain 50 pounds and then I wouldn't be able to lose it again. I don't want to get to be that overweight again. It has been hard for me to even get back up to 200 pounds and have to shop in the plus sizes again. I know that I have an excuse because of the baby, but it is still depressing when your pants are too tight and you have to buy bigger clothes. From this point on, i can gain about .5 pounds per week and be on track to only gain about 12 pounds. I don't know how realistic that is because I know that my metabolism will probably change again. I will just not have to worry about it and wait until after the baby is born to worry about losing it all again.
I got to listen to the baby's heartbeat again at the appointment. It sounded good. I wish I could just sit and listen to it whenever I wanted to. We only get to hear it for about 10 seconds at the doctor's office.
I think that I've been feeling the baby move lately. It feels kind of weird like something is poking me on the inside. It doesn't really hurt, but it doesn't really feel good either. I don't think it is just my imagination. I think that it is the baby! It is getting pretty big and it can stretch and move and yawn. It is very exciting.
A little about Mexico
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment