Tuesday, April 29, 2008

13 Days Old

Jonas is 13 days old today. We saw him last night and he is doing so good. He is eating almost his full bottle. They've decided to alternate feeding him through his tube and bottle feeding, so every other time he gets to rest. It seems to be helping him gain more strength and be able to stay awake longer for his bottle.

He still drops is heart rate down really low sometimes. Jeremy and I met with our prospective pediatrician today and he said that Jonas should hopefully grow out of it before he comes home. He said that it is usually caused by reflux. His food will come back up in his throat and the reflex is to constrict causing his heart rate to drop way down. It had always come back up quickly, so I'm not too worried, but I sure hope he grows out of it soon. I guess it is normal for a baby his age.

No comments: