Thursday, April 24, 2008

He Pooped!

Jonas pooped! I never thought I'd be excited about him pooping, but that means his digestive system is working properly. In fact, he didn't just poop, he had a blow out! The nurse said she was going to save the diaper for us so we could see it, but I'm glad she didn't. I'm sure I'll have plenty of poop in my future.

He's also been eating quite well. He ate 23cc's yesterday for us while we were there. They've turned down his IV to 3.4 mL/h now and it seems to be getting lower every day. There is still a chance he may have to hve his feeding tube put in, but we are keeping our fingers crossed that he won't. Once he is off his IV, I think the next step is for him to regulate his own body temp so he can move out of his isolette. I can't wait!

I'm going back to work on Monday so I can spend some time at home with Jonas when he gets out tof the hospital. I'm feeling much better, just a bit tired. Jonas's room is getting done. We have it all cleaned out and shampooed the carpet. We almost have his changing table put together and then we just have the chairs to put together. Then put all his cute little stuff away.

We got to take home that hat he is wearing in some of his pictures. They gave him a new one that fits better. I'm so glad they let me keep it. He'll be able to wear it when he gets bigger, but I want to keep it forever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay poop!!! Be careful rushing back to work. You did just have a baby. I worry about you. (((((HUGS))))