Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Six Days Old

Jonas is six days old today. I saw him this morning and got to hold him. He is doing so well! The nurse said that they decided to still measure his feedings, but they are letting him eat more than the minimal amount he should have if he wants. They said he'd been awake most of the night acting hungry and he's been eating really well. He still hasn't pooped yet, but they said with him eating so much, it should work its way out pretty soon. I never thought I'd be wanting my baby to poop, but I do.

They've been able to turn down his IV. Last night it was at 8.0, but now it is at 7.3. If he keeps eating so well, they should be able to take it out soon. I'm hoping they can because it is so hard to think of him getting tubes stuck all over in him.

He is done with his light therapy. His billiruben levels are down, which is what makes babies jaundice. They even took off the velcro stickies they had next to his eyes that held his little sun glasses on for the light therapy. His little face is so cute.

I was watching his sleep and he makes all these cute little faces. Sometimes he even smiles. I know it isn't because he is happy, but I can't wait to see his first real smile. He has such a sweet little face. I can't wait to hear him laugh and babble. I can't wait to get him home!!!!!!

3 comments:

Heather FaerieStar said...

ohhh, see if they let you keep a pair of the sunglasses, i still have mine in my baby book from when i was under the baby gro-lamps. :) totally a way cooler souvenier than the label from my bed in the nursery, or hospital wristband or any of those things...

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute! We are very glad he's doing better. We know it's not fun when you can't take them home and just hold them all the time. Good luck and congrats!

Unknown said...

He's so gorgeous. I'm glad he's doing so well. Thanks for updating us, let me know if you need anything.