Wednesday, October 3, 2007

It's A Baby

After several months of trying, Jeremy and I are going to have a little baby! My first OB appointment is on October 22nd, so I'll know all the details then. My tentative due date is May 28, 2008 but I will find out for sure at the doctors office.

If we decide to stick with the OB I made my appointment with, we'll be delivering at St. Marks Hospital, which is a little far away from us, but I think it is kind of neat because that is where I was born.

I've been having just a little bit of morning sickness. The night before last I woke up at 1:20 am and was in the bathroom throwing up about every 20 minutes until about 6am. I've been really worn out and tired. Climbing the stairs at work makes me ready for a nap as soon as I get to my office. I'm also hungry all the time so I am constantly eating, but they say to not let yourself get hungry to help with morning sickness, so I don't feel to bad. I have a good excuse! I'm pregnant!

We are starting to get the baby's room ready. We are converting the office into a nursery. The room's colors will be a sage green, tan, and white. I'm going to look for all white baby furniture. I want to make it fairly gender nuetral but still really cute. When we find out if we are having a boy or a girl, then we will decorate a little more gender specific. We will probably register at Target after we know the gender.

I do have a baby buddy. Our friend Anna just found out that she is pregnant, too! We will probably be due really close together. I'm glad that I will have someone to talk to and compare notes.

Jeremy and I are so excited. I can't believe that there is a little baby inside me! I think once he or she gets bigger it will seem more real.

2 comments:

Laume976 said...

congratulations! I just wanted to say what a smart idea this blog is.. I wish I would have thought to do something cool like this. :)

Kathy said...

Thanks Kelly, I thought it would be a good way to keep everyone up to date on the baby and since I'm not good at calling everyone all the time, no one would feel left out about me not giving them baby news. It is also good because now I will have a journal of sorts of everything that is happening during my pregnancy so I can tell our child all the misery he or she caused when I was pregnant -- good blackmail material.