Monday, October 8, 2007

Week 6 Day 5

According to my pregnancy calendar on WebMD, our baby has a spinal cord, a brain, a heart, eyes and is starting to grow limbs. It is in between the size of a BB pellet and a half inch. That is getting pretty big considering it is only 6 weeks old. I've only had my one significant experience with morning sickness but I occasionally feel queasy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay that way. They say that morning sickness is a good sign, but I'll take my chances if it means I'll be spending my days in the bathroom.



I decided that I'm going to start doing some Yoga and light cardio to help me stay fit during my pregnancy. They say that yoga can help make you more comfortable during the pregnancy so you won't have sciatic nerve problems and back pain. They also say it makes labor easier. I'm all for easier labor.



My first doctor appointment is 2 weeks from today. The baby will almost be 9 weeks at that point and as big as a strawberry. I'm excited to see when we can have our first ultrasound so we can see our baby.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you!!!

Laume976 said...

Prenatal yoga rocks!! I did it through my whole pregnancy and loved it very much. Its also a really cool way to get to know other pregnant moms in your area.
oh.. two other good things that will help a lot during labor is if you squat a lot and sit as unlady like as possible.. AND do lots and lots of kegels. :)