Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Week 7 Day 6

My first doctor's appointment is in less than a week. I'm getting excited and nervous at the same time. Jeremy took the whole day off work so that he could be there. I think that he is just as excited as me.

Our baby is as big as a grape. It is hard to imagine. I have to measure it out by making a circle with my thumb and finger to see how big it is and when you do that, it seems really big. I know it will be getting a lot bigger. By this time next week, it will be as big as a strawberry! Pretty soon, I wont' even be able to measure how big it is with one hand, I'll have to use two!

They say that our baby's arms bend at the elbows now and that it has nubs where its fingers and toes will grow. It also has folds where its eyelids will grow. It is going to be a fetus before I know it!

My friend Kelly said she is going to try to come to Utah in March. She lives in Amsterdam right now, so it would be quite a trip. I hope that all my friends who live out of state can come around that time. I asked them to give me a blessing way. We threw one for Kelly when she was pregnant with Delia and all the wishes that we made came true! For those of you who don't know what a blessing way is, check out www.natureschild.com.au/flex/blessing_way/68/1.

So, each day this last week has been different with the symptoms I am feeling, except tired. Tired is a constant. Friday, I got to work and almost immediately began crying. I felt like I was on the verge of crying all day. Later, when I got home, I did cry. I cried pretty much all night. I even made Jeremy take me out on a date and get ice cream to make me feel better.

Saturday I was pretty OK. I didn't feel sad anymore, which was good. Sunday, I woke up at 5:30am feeling like I was going to hurl. I got up and ate something and I felt better, but I couldn't go back to sleep. Finally, around 7:30, I went back to bed and fell asleep until 11:00a. It was nice, but by the time I woke up, I was starving again and of course felt like I was going to puke. I felt queasy the whole day after that. Jeremy was sweet enough to go to the store and get me Gartorade and saltines. He is amazing.

3 comments:

Laume976 said...

You should start keeping saltines next to the bed. I think I pretty much ended up doing that through the whole pregnancy. It really helps.

Kathy said...

I do, now. I've decided I just need to carry crackers with me everywhere. Not just becasue I get nauseated, but I am seriously always hungry!

Unknown said...

The Blessing way is really cool. I was always so hungry. Growing a little sprout does that to you. I'm so excited for you!