Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Week 7 Day 0

Last night, Jeremy and I looked at baby things for the first time since we got pregnant. I have been really nervous to start doing any baby shopping. I'm not sure exactly why. I think it may be because I am a bit superstitious and don't want to jinx anything. I think another reason may be that it hasn't hit me yet that we are really going to have a baby.

I've been really worrying about having the baby. I read all these things on the internet and I don't know what I should do, like do I want to have an external or internal fetal monitor? I have no idea! I guess that I will talk to my OB about those things to help me make my decisions for my birthing plan.

We were at Target doing some grocery shopping and decided to go over to the baby department. After looking at all the clothes, bedding and furniture, I started getting excited and less nervous. They have the cutest little baby things! Now I want to know if it a boy or a girl.

Today our baby is about the size of a pea. By the end of the week, it should be about a half inch long. The next couple weeks that baby is growing like crazy and growing all of its important parts, like arms and legs.

My morning sickness has been off and on. Every time I say that it I haven't had any in a while, I get sick, so I'm going to stop saying that I haven't been sick in a while.

I found out some other neat news. My OB only charges a flat fee for the whole pregnancy that they bill for at the end of the pregnancy. So, since I know our insurance doesn't cover the whole thing, I won't have to pay the out-of-pocket portion for her services until after the baby is born, and we have other insurance that will help us with the out-of-pocket stuff. Yay!

I'm glad I'm starting to get more excited and less nervous.

No comments: