Monday, October 22, 2007

Official Due Date May 30, 2008

Today was my first doctor visit. My OB's name is Dr. Sloan. I really like her. She is very friendly and attentive. I spent more time with her during the appointment that the nurse! That is unusual for a doctor's visit. She seemed very knowledgeable about my nutritional needs having had gastric bypass surgery & being a vegetarian. I had a bunch of blood drawn, so I will find out if I am anemic or nutritionally deficient in any areas. She is a little concerned about my B12 levels, but I won't know how they are until I get my test results back.

I had my first ultrasound today! We got to see the baby and see his/her heart beating. It looks like a little flutter of white on the ultrasound. I'm only having one (thank goodness). She said that at my next appointment we should be able to hear the heartbeat. I'm very excited. At 20 weeks, we'll be able to tell if it is a boy or a girl.

My official due date is May 30th. She said that our baby is exactly as big as it should be. She gave us some pictures from the ultrasound. I am going to scan them and post them. I'll try to get them on pretty fast, but it might take a day or two.

1 comment:

Tamra said...

How fun! Congrats on seeing the bean. It sounds like your OB is great!