Sunday, May 4, 2008

18 Days Old

Now Jonas is 18 days old. When we visited him yesterday, the nurse told us to bring in his car seat so they can do his oxygen test. She also said that he would probably be coming home in about a week. I've been really excited about Jonas coming home, but as soon as she said those things, I got pretty nervous. In fact, I started getting really worried. I started thinking about all the things that could go wrong, or all the ties I won't know what to do and I cried for about 24 hours. Jeremy was a great sport. He is so supportive, even when I am being extremely emotional. He just hugs me and gives me a kiss and tells me everything is going to be OK. He tells me that he's here to help and that we will work through everything together. I just love him so much. I really think that I am extremely lucky to have such a wonderful husband.

Jonas is doing great. They said that when he can eat all of his food through a bottle for two days in a row he is ready to come home. I'm feeling a bit more secure about him coming home now. I just need to remember that I can't have any panic attacks, I just have to stay calm and take care of him. I think that it will mostly be keeping the same routine that he has in the NICU. Every three hours, he gets changed, temperature taken and fed. After he eats, then he goes back to sleep. I think that will be his schedule for a couple months.

We get to go feed Jonas in about 10 minutes. I'm so excited. I'm going to find out how many tube feedings he's had today and how many bottle feedings. I hope he is doing a good job like usual.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm excited to hear he's coming home soon. Is he gaining weight? He sounds like he's doing awesome! I love that you post so I can keep updated on the little guy.