Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Still Sick

Jonas has a bacterial infection. He is on antibiotics, but it will take a while for him to get feeling better. Last night, Jeremy and I went to visit him. He was so sick he wasn't moving or crying. He was having trouble remembering to breathe. He'd stop breathing for 30 seconds or more and then his body would realize he's not breathing so he take a bunch of fast breaths to catch up. They decided to put him on a machine that forced air into his nose so he'd remember to breathe.

I called the NICU this morning and they said that the machine is working well for him. He's breathing better and his color is much better. He's moving more and more alert. They are still waiting for the results of what kind of bacteria it is. It usually takes a few days for the cultures to grow. Once they find out, then they can adjust his antibiotics to make sure they are working.

I hope he is feeling better soon. It was really hard to see him looking so terrible. I've been crying since I found out he's sick.

No comments: