Sorry I haven't updated in a bit, but Jonas came home and is occupying most of my time. The doctor called us on Monday morning. It is always kind of scary when the hospital calls, but she said he was doing great and is IV went bad, so instead of having to replace it, they would give him a shot for his last dose of antibiotics and send him home. We were very surprized and very happy to get to take him. It was pretty perfect timing because it was Memorial Day and we were both off work.
That first day it was kind of fun and exciting to have him home and get to take care of him. That night, however, Jonas did not want to go to sleep in his cradle. He just wanted to be held all night. I think that we didn't have him wrapped tight enough and we needed to incline his head a little because he has a little reflux.
Tuesday, I was so tired and I had to go to my OB for a check-up. I decided to call my mom and see if she would come and babysit while I went to the doctor. She was great and came to my rescue. She babysat for me and also stayed the rest of the day to help me and let me get some sleep. Tuesday night he slept much better after we wrapped him well and had him in a good position in the cradle. I actually slept a bit.
Wednesday morning went well. I took a little nap on the couch while he was sleeping. At his noon feeding, he didn't want to go to sleep after and stayed awake until 5pm and slept for 20 minutes. He was fussing and seemed like his belly was hurting. It was really bloated and firm. I got kind of worried so I made Jeremy take us to the after hours clinic. The Nurse Practitioner there said he was fine and just had some gas. He slept fairly well that night.
This morning, Jonas was doing good. I took him to the pediatrician for his after NICU check-up. The doctor said he was doing great. Jonas did really well at the appointment also. He slept almost the whole time. When we got home, I didn't want to wake him so I let him sleep in his carseat for a little while. He woke up and I fed him and then he didn't want to go back to sleep I finally got him to sleep about 4ish. I wish he'd sleep whenever I want him to, but I'm glad he is awake during the day so he sleeps well at night.
The pediatrician said that he can sleep up to 5 hours at night without having to wake him if he'll stay asleep for that long. I can't wait until he does!
A little about Mexico
11 years ago


2 comments:
I'm so excited for you! I want to see new pictures soon. I bet he's changed so much. I hope he gets into a regular routine for you soon. The first year is notorious for lack of sleep. Try to rest when he does. If you need anything, call me.
YAY!!! I'm so glad he's home! Congratulations!
Post a Comment