Thursday, May 15, 2008

4 Weeks Old

Yesterday, Jonas was 4 weeks old. He will be 1 month old tomorrow. He is looking so much more like a baby and getting so big. Yesterday, he weighed 5 lbs 10 oz, which I think might be a little off because he has so many tubes and wires hooked up to now.

When we saw him last night, he was awake and alert, but his heart rate kept dropping when we held him. It would drop down to the 60s and then it would come back up again. They said that unless it is low for more than 20 seconds and doesn't come up by itself, then they are not too worried about it. It was still really hard and scary to see his heart rate drop so low. I love seeing Jonas, but it is so hard to see him like that. Jeremy was holding him last night and Jonas would get the saddest look on his face and look up at him like he was saying, "Help me, daddy." It just made me cry.

I miss him so bad. This is getting really hard for me. I just want him to feel normal again and to be stable and not have any more problems.

1 comment:

Tamra said...

Oh Sweetie! I can't even imagine how hard this must be for you. I hope he is better and home very soon!!!