Friday, May 16, 2008

One Month Old

Jonas 1 one month today. I got to go this morning to visit him because I had to work late. He was so cute. The nurse had already fed him by the time I got there (stupid traffic) and he was sleeping well. I held him for about 45 minutes. His blood cultures came back negative yesterday, but he had a fever again, so they drew more blood and will test him again. He has to be on meds for another 14 days. They did another spinal tap yesterday and we are just waiting for the cultures to come back on that as well.

The doctor called me right as I was leaving the house for work and said that Jonas's blood count is low. They've been drawing so much blood that his little tiny body can't make enough to keep up. So, the doctor asked me and Jeremy to donate some blood for him, so we will when we are there tonight.

His heart and respriratory rates were both stable this morning. The nurse said he had a really good night. He slept so peacefully. He looks like he is feeling a little better. I hope that he feels all the way better soon.

1 comment:

Tamra said...

Oh wow, I hope its a good sign!